    code-behind runs. It seems that when the page is about ready to display, this
    error comes up. I saw references to membership stuff in ASP.Net 2.0, but we
    are not using that...yet.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2FubmFiZQ==?=, Jul 6, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?V2FubmFiZQ==?=

    Riki Guest

    "Wannabe" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I added a change password control to my application and when I run the page
    > that has it, I get an error:
    >
    > Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure
    > 'user
    > instances enabled' to generate user instances.
    >
    > Not sure where to start for this error, because all the code in the
    > code-behind runs. It seems that when the page is about ready to display,
    > this
    > error comes up. I saw references to membership stuff in ASP.Net 2.0, but
    > we
    > are not using that...yet.

    Are you sure? At least, your website is trying to run a user instance
    of the SQL Server. Membership is one of the features that does this.

    If you have access to your SQL Server, try running the command
    sp_configure 'user instances enabled'
    as mentioned in the error message.

    That will solve your problem.

    If you don't need membership services, you may try to find out why
    your website is opening a user instance.

    --

    Riki

    Riki, Jul 6, 2007

  3. I know for sure that I am not using membership services. In fact, this
    weekend, I am going to read more about that. But the thing I was trying to
    figure out is if there is a property that I can set saying that I am not
    using membership. Any idea?

    =?Utf-8?B?V2FubmFiZQ==?=, Jul 6, 2007