changing background color

P.Singh

hi all

i am designing a website for a charity origanisation. they cater towards the
senior crowd.

i would like to have choice by which the user can change the background as
required (like beige/grey/aqua etc.) and also the text color/font and browse
the site with that background and text color .

will i need to make different copies of the site and link them together.
that will be very long and not at all practical.

i have managed to get a javascript for changing the background. but that
changed only the background of a certain page. it is not of much use to me.

if anyone can help me so that the user can choose the background and text
color and use that for the rest of his/her session, it would be great.

thanks in advance.

P.Singh

Erwin Moller

P.Singh said:
hi all

i am designing a website for a charity origanisation. they cater towards
the senior crowd.

i would like to have choice by which the user can change the background as
required (like beige/grey/aqua etc.) and also the text color/font and
browse the site with that background and text color .

will i need to make different copies of the site and link them together.
that will be very long and not at all practical.

i have managed to get a javascript for changing the background. but that
changed only the background of a certain page. it is not of much use to
me.

if anyone can help me so that the user can choose the background and text
color and use that for the rest of his/her session, it would be great.

thanks in advance.

P.Singh

You cannot do that on 1 page.
Every page that returns HTML (created by a serverside language, or just
plain HTML) should set the background.

You could however store the prefered background in a cookie, and let
Javascript read that and set the background.
Of course, you'll have to include the script that does that in every page.

Regards,
Erwin Moller