changing char value

muser

struct crecord {
char customercode[6];
}

crecord Newcrecord;

char temp1;

strncpy( Newcrecord.customercode, &temp1[1], 5 )
etc

if I have to perform a mathmatical equation on customercode, how would
I go about it.

if char customercode contain
customercode[0] = 1;
customercode[1] = 2;

I was told that to find its correct integer value, I would have to
minus 1 by 48, to get the digit 1.
could someone give me a list of char digits and their corresponding
value
i.e.
1 = 49;
2 = 48;

And if possible the code to achieve this.
e.g. Newcrecord.customercode[0] = 49 - 48;

jeffc

muser said:
I was told that to find its correct integer value, I would have to
minus 1 by 48, to get the digit 1.
could someone give me a list of char digits and their corresponding
value
i.e.
1 = 49;
2 = 48;

And if possible the code to achieve this.
e.g. Newcrecord.customercode[0] = 49 - 48;

It's different on different computers. If you're using ASCII, then that is
easily searched on the web. Anyway, just display the values:
int i;
char c;
for (i = 0; i < 256; ++i)
{
c = i;
cout << i << " " << c << endl;
}

For just the digits, the mirror of that is
char c;
int i;
for (c='0'; c <= '9'; ++c)
{
i = c;
cout << c << " " << i << endl;

Unforgiven

muser said:
struct crecord {
char customercode[6];
}

crecord Newcrecord;

char temp1;

strncpy( Newcrecord.customercode, &temp1[1], 5 )
etc

if I have to perform a mathmatical equation on customercode, how would
I go about it.

if char customercode contain
customercode[0] = 1;
customercode[1] = 2;

I was told that to find its correct integer value, I would have to
minus 1 by 48, to get the digit 1.
could someone give me a list of char digits and their corresponding
value
i.e.
1 = 49;
2 = 48;

And if possible the code to achieve this.
e.g. Newcrecord.customercode[0] = 49 - 48;

You can actually just do this (assuming the numbers are laid out 0-9, as
they are in ASCII):
char ch = '3';
int n = ch - '0';

Now n will have the value 3.

Default User

Unforgiven said:
You can actually just do this (assuming the numbers are laid out 0-9, as
they are in ASCII):

They are required to be that way by the Standard. The same is not true
for the alpha characters though.

Brian Rodenborn

Ron Natalie

Default User said:
They are required to be that way by the Standard. The same is not true
for the alpha characters though.

Yep, just remember Junior is 11.