Changing Item Template views.

Miguel

Hello,

I have a DataList with the results of a search. The ItemTemplate
of the DataList is a Repeated template with all the records.

I have a Link Button with a Command Name called Select that allows me
to show the user extended information about the record. ( This view is
the Selected Item template view ).

Here I have a "Back" Button. ( an HTML "<a>" anchor ).

Either setting a "JavaScript:history.back()" event or
"document.form1.submit();" I go back to the previous view but once I
am on that view I have only the Selected Item view on each button. It
seems that the server "Remember" that my previous choice was "--> go
to Selected Item Template".

Do you know how can I make a "Back" button, and keep on paging normaly
afterwards?.

Thank you.

Miguel.

Andy

Sounds like you are paging through Internet Explorer's page cache and
history file.

Have you tried setting the page content to expire immediately in IIS
for the website?

Miguel

Sounds like you are paging through Internet Explorer's page cache and
history file.

Have you tried setting the page content to expire immediately in IIS
for the website?

Thanx Andy for your answer.

But the problem is not on my Internet Explorer.

The matter is that when I use a linkButton when a CommandName="Select"
it goes to the SelectedItem Template, and I don't know how to go back
to the Item Template.