Changing monitor refresh rate programatically, WinXP

Ryan Stewart

Is there a fairly painless way to set a montior's refresh rate under Windows
XP in C/C++? My problem is that my work monitor occasionally resets itself
to 60 Hz, which causes me to go home with a headache if I don't catch it.
I'd like to have a little program I could run at startup to switch it.

David White

Ryan Stewart said:
Is there a fairly painless way to set a montior's refresh rate under Windows
XP in C/C++? My problem is that my work monitor occasionally resets itself
to 60 Hz, which causes me to go home with a headache if I don't catch it.
I'd like to have a little program I could run at startup to switch it.

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

DW

Jacek Dziedzic

Ryan said:
Is there a fairly painless way to set a montior's refresh rate under Windows
XP in C/C++? My problem is that my work monitor occasionally resets itself
to 60 Hz, which causes me to go home with a headache if I don't catch it.
I'd like to have a little program I could run at startup to switch it.

I see, but you're in a completely wrong newsgroup for that. In here
we only deal with the C++ language itself, as dictated by the
Holy Standard and we are quite picky about it. :eek:

You'd be better off asking in some windows newsgroup.

<OT> Hint: Does right-clicking on the desktop and invoking
"Refresh" fix it? If so, it should not be hard to program it </OT>

HTH,
- J.