Changing table contents dynamically (and on the client)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by decoy@system102.com, Mar 19, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi everyone,
    Does anybody know how I can achieve the following?

    I have a table that displays some information in plain text, on each
    row I have an edit button that will allow the user to enter new values
    for this row (basically display the same information as before but in
    text boxes with the edit button replaced with a confirm button). When
    the user has updated I would like to go back to the plain text view
    with the new values.

    Now comes the hard part ;)

    I want to do all of this clientside, allowing the user to click on a
    save button when they have editting that will re-enter all of the
    information back to the DB.

    Sample code would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks in advance,

    Stu.

    , Mar 19, 2006

  2. __/ [ ] on Sunday 19 March 2006 12:00 \__

    > Hi everyone,
    > Does anybody know how I can achieve the following?
    >
    > I have a table that displays some information in plain text, on each
    > row I have an edit button that will allow the user to enter new values
    > for this row (basically display the same information as before but in
    > text boxes with the edit button replaced with a confirm button). When
    > the user has updated I would like to go back to the plain text view
    > with the new values.
    >
    > Now comes the hard part ;)
    >
    > I want to do all of this clientside, allowing the user to click on a
    > save button when they have editting that will re-enter all of the
    > information back to the DB.
    >
    > Sample code would be greatly appreciated!
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Stu.

    Have a look at the following:

    http://www.scheinwelt.at/~norbertf/devel/websheet/

    Demo here:

    http://www.scheinwelt.at/~norbertf/devel/websheet/demo (Password is 'demo')

    The project is Open Source (LGPL). Data is stored in semi-colon-delimited
    text. No database therefore.

    Best wishes,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: 21978 x 4 = 21978 backwards
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux ¦ PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

    Roy Schestowitz, Mar 19, 2006