Changing the default .project filename

e_ri_c_v

Is there a way to make Eclipse use a name other than ".project" for
the project files? Long story short, I have a restriction that doesn't
allow me to have an extension without a filename.

Thanks!

Mark Space

Is there a way to make Eclipse use a name other than ".project" for
the project files? Long story short, I have a restriction that doesn't
allow me to have an extension without a filename.

Thanks!

I don't use Eclipse but don't you type in the name of the project when
you create it? I thought you did.

For my own knowledge: what is your restriction with file names that
begin with a dot? I use Windows, and I have several such files. They
are traditional on Unix. I'm wondering because I'd like to not get into
the same situation myself, if I can avoid it.

Lew

Mark said:
I don't use Eclipse but don't you type in the name of the project when
you create it? I thought you did.

The .project file is an internal Eclipse artifact that it uses to maintain the
project state. There's one in every project.
For my own knowledge: what is your restriction with file names that
begin with a dot? I use Windows, and I have several such files. They
are traditional on Unix. I'm wondering because I'd like to not get into
the same situation myself, if I can avoid it.

I develop with Rational Application Developer, which is constructed on
Eclipse, in Windows, and it uses .project files, so it must not be a technical
problem in Windows.