char * to HBITMAP

adsci

Hello!

what i use:
wince .net 4.20
evC4
MFC / WINAPI

what i have:
a char* Buffer with Imagedata. I can define how this image data looks
like as long as it is 24bits. (RGBRGBRGB, BGRBGRBGR, RRRRGGGGBBBB,
whatever, also can make it word aligned or wharever)

what i need:
a HBITMAP which actually USES my buffer and not create a new one and
copy the image from my buffer to these. i dont have memory for creating
a copy of the buffer on anytime.

help is needed! any constructive comment is useful!

thank you!

Marcel

Victor Bazarov

adsci said:
what i use:
wince .net 4.20
evC4
MFC / WINAPI

what i have:
a char* Buffer with Imagedata. I can define how this image data looks
like as long as it is 24bits. (RGBRGBRGB, BGRBGRBGR, RRRRGGGGBBBB,
whatever, also can make it word aligned or wharever)

what i need:
a HBITMAP which actually USES my buffer and not create a new one and
copy the image from my buffer to these. i dont have memory for
creating a copy of the buffer on anytime.

help is needed! any constructive comment is useful!

Here is one for you: please choose a different newsgroup for this inquiry.
C++ *language* has no definition of "HBITMAP". That's a *MS Windows* thing
so you're off-topic here. I suggest comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.

adsci

Victor said:
Here is one for you: please choose a different newsgroup for this inquiry.
C++ *language* has no definition of "HBITMAP". That's a *MS Windows* thing
so you're off-topic here. I suggest comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.

thanks. ive searched for a better newsgroup, but i only found newsgroup
which had nothing but spam in it. but you're right, the newsgroup you
named is better, thanks.

Victor Bazarov

adsci said:
Victor said:
[..] I suggest
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer. V

thanks. ive searched for a better newsgroup, but i only found
newsgroup which had nothing but spam in it. but you're right, the
newsgroup you named is better, thanks.

Also check out 'microsoft.public.*' hierarchy. It's probably newer
and more up-to-date with information than 'comp.os.ms-windows.*'.