    character sequences and this usually occurs at the start of the
    page.why is this so? if anyone has any idea please do reply me.
    Thanks in advance
    raavi, Feb 27, 2006

  2. raavi wrote:
    > Hi
    > i am involved in a telnet application.the user enters input
    > through the jsp and the output is displayed on a jsp.the problem i am
    > facing is that the classes i am using works fine when input is given
    > through keyboard.if it is given through jsp,then there are missing
    > character sequences and this usually occurs at the start of the
    > page.why is this so? if anyone has any idea please do reply me.
    > Thanks in advance

    Since you say that the missing character sequences occur at the start of
    the page, I infer that the characters are ok in the middle or end of the
    page. In that case, I doubt you have a character encoding problem.

    However, if you do have an encoding problem, the following article might
    help you. It describes various points of character set encoding troubles
    in a typical web application using JSP/Servlets:

    http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Intl/HTTPCharset/

    Regards,
    John O'Conner
    John O'Conner, Feb 27, 2006

  3. raavi

    raavi Guest

    Thanks for your reply.
    Actually i am doing a struts application and i added the context
    parameter in my web.xml and also i have coded in my jsp request
    ..setCharacterEncoding....but now too the problem arises.can you help me
    to identify my problem? Thanks in advance.
    raavi, Mar 2, 2006