character ROM programming

Guest

I am having difficulty getting the correct results accessing the character
rom. I should be getting 0 for the following code but instead it is giving
me E8h. The top byte of character bitmap 'A' is all 0, and thats what i
should be getting. I am compiling this in turbo c using large model. Any
suggestions. Thanks.

main()
{ unsigned char far *char_rom = (unsigned char far *)0xF000FA6EL;
printf("%x\n", *(char_rom + (65<<3)) );
return;

Jack Klein

I am having difficulty getting the correct results accessing the character
rom. I should be getting 0 for the following code but instead it is giving
me E8h. The top byte of character bitmap 'A' is all 0, and thats what i
should be getting. I am compiling this in turbo c using large model. Any
suggestions. Thanks.

main()
{ unsigned char far *char_rom = (unsigned char far *)0xF000FA6EL;
printf("%x\n", *(char_rom + (65<<3)) );
return;
}

We discuss the International Standard C language here, and it has no
"character rom" or "large model" or keyword "far". None of this has
anything at all to do with the C language.

Ask in
--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com