    printf("%x\n", *(char_rom + (65<<3)) );
    return;
    }

    Guest, Aug 12, 2003

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:22:54 GMT, <> wrote in
    comp.lang.c:

    > I am having difficulty getting the correct results accessing the character
    > rom. I should be getting 0 for the following code but instead it is giving
    > me E8h. The top byte of character bitmap 'A' is all 0, and thats what i
    > should be getting. I am compiling this in turbo c using large model. Any
    > suggestions. Thanks.
    >
    > main()
    > { unsigned char far *char_rom = (unsigned char far *)0xF000FA6EL;
    > printf("%x\n", *(char_rom + (65<<3)) );
    > return;
    > }

    We discuss the International Standard C language here, and it has no
    "character rom" or "large model" or keyword "far". None of this has
    anything at all to do with the C language.

    Ask in news:comp.os.msdos.programmer.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com