Check box

ChinoKhan

I am writing an application in Java which submits data to MYSQL
database. I am using PDF fill able form to collect my data. Collecting
part of data is working fine. Problem comes in when I try to
repopulate data to the PDF form from MYSQL. The two types of objects I
have on my form are text field and check boxes. Text fields I can
repopulate without any problem. I need help in check boxes. I am using
Jar itext-2.0.6. Any help or code example will be appreciated.

Roedy Green

I am writing an application in Java which submits data to MYSQL
database. I am using PDF fill able form to collect my data. Collecting
part of data is working fine. Problem comes in when I try to
repopulate data to the PDF form from MYSQL. The two types of objects I
have on my form are text field and check boxes. Text fields I can
repopulate without any problem. I need help in check boxes. I am using
Jar itext-2.0.6. Any help or code example will be appreciated.

You are the first person I have encountered who has used PDF this way.
I would try some sort of PDF newsgroup. Most people here will be
familiar only with doing that only with AWT, Swing or HTTP and
Servlets.

Mark Space

Roedy said:
You are the first person I have encountered who has used PDF this way.
I would try some sort of PDF newsgroup. Most people here will be
familiar only with doing that only with AWT, Swing or HTTP and
Servlets.

I think there's some PDF technology that turns PDFs into a Flash
website. Adobe has been pushing Flex, I bet it's related to that.

I'm not sure at all though, and I've never worked with Flex.

Abhijat Vatsyayan

ChinoKhan said:
I am writing an application in Java which submits data to MYSQL
database. I am using PDF fill able form to collect my data. Collecting
part of data is working fine. Problem comes in when I try to
repopulate data to the PDF form from MYSQL. The two types of objects I
have on my form are text field and check boxes. Text fields I can
repopulate without any problem. I need help in check boxes. I am using
Jar itext-2.0.6. Any help or code example will be appreciated.
Could you post the relevant source code? It also helps if you post a
simple program to reproduce the problem . Did you do a google search at
all? What did you find out? I see several discussions related to
checkboxes, itext and PDF but unless I see your code, it difficult to help.

ChinoKhan

Could you post the relevant source code? It also helps if you post a
simple program to  reproduce the problem . Did you do a google search at
all? What did you find out? I see several discussions related to
checkboxes,itextand PDF but unless I see your code, it difficult to help.

Here is the code that works for textbox, The last field in key and
value is checkbox. Value comming out of it is Corp. I hope you can
help me.

package Ola.src;
import java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream;
import java.io.FileOutputStream;
import java.io.IOException;

import com.lowagie.text.Document;
import com.lowagie.text.DocumentException;
import com.lowagie.text.Element;
import com.lowagie.text.Font;
import com.lowagie.text.FontFactory;
import com.lowagie.text.Paragraph;
import com.lowagie.text.pdf.AcroFields;
import com.lowagie.text.pdf.BaseFont;
import com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfContentByte;
import com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfCopy;
import com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfPCell;
import com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfPTable;
import com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfPTableEvent;
import com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfReader;
import com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfStamper;
import com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfWriter;
import com.lowagie.text.pdf.events.FieldPositioningEvents;
import util.src.StrTran;
import sun.jdbc.rowset.CachedRowSet;

import java.sql.*;

/**
*
* @author kkhan
*/

public class PDFFiller implements PdfPTableEvent {
MySqlNativeDriver nativeDrive = new MySqlNativeDriver();
MYSQLInsertUpdate insetupdate = new MYSQLInsertUpdate();
StrTran st = new StrTran();
static CachedRowSet crs;

/* public static final String BusinessName = "BusinessName"; //
Field Names
public static final String BusinessAddress = "BusinessAddress";
public static final String City = "City";
public static final String State = "State";*/

public static final String Session = "Session";
public static final String Agent_id= "Agent_id";
public static final String Status = "Status";
public static final String referral_id= "BankNameNumber";
public static final String AssociationNumber=
"AssociationNumber";
public static final String OfficeName=
"OfficeNameNumber";
public static final String RepName= "RepNameNumber";
public static final String BusinessName= "BusinessName";
public static final String BusinessAddress= "BusinessAddress";
public static final String City = "City";
public static final String State = "State";
public static final String Zip = "Zip";
public static final String LocationPhone= "LocationPhone";
public static final String Ext = "Ext";
public static final String LocationFax= "LocationFax";
public static final String WebSite = "Website";
public static final String CardholderName = "CardholderName";
public static final String CorporateName= "CorporateName";
public static final String BillingAddress = "BillingAddress";
public static final String BillingCity= "BillingCity";
public static final String BillingState = "BillingState";
public static final String BillingZip = "BillingZip";
public static final String ContactName = "ContactName";
//public static final String //" OwnerName";
public static final String
BusinessContactPhone="BusinessContactPhone";
public static final String BusinessEmail= "BusinessEmail";
public static final String CorporateEmail = "ContactEmail";
public static final String SendStatementTo =
"SendStatementTo"; // This is checkbox

String vreferral_id="";
String vRepName="";
String vBusinessName ="";
String vBusinessAddress = "";
String vOfficeName ="";
String vCity = "";
String vstate = "";
String vZip = "";
String vLocationPhone="";
String vExt="";
String vLocationFax="";
String vBusinessEmail="";
String vBusinessWebsite="";
String vCorporateName="";

String vCorporateAddress="";
String vCorporateCity="";
String vCorporateState="";
String vCorporateZip="";
String vCorporateContactName="";
String vCorporateContactPhone="";
String vCorporateEmail="";
String vSendMonthlyStatementsTo=""; // This is checkbox

String queryString ="";

/** Creates a new instance of olatemplet */
public PDFFiller() {
}

/**
*/
public void FillTemplet(String name) {
try {
queryString = "Select * from app where app_id ='"+name
+"'";
crs=nativeDrive.query(queryString);

while(crs.next()){

vreferral_id = crs.getString("referral_id").trim();
vRepName = crs.getString("RepName").trim();
vBusinessName =crs.getString("BusinessName").trim();
vBusinessAddress =
crs.getString("BusinessAddress").trim();
vOfficeName=crs.getString("OfficeName").trim();
vCity = crs.getString("BusinessCity").trim();
vstate = crs.getString("Businessstate").trim();
vZip = crs.getString("BusinessZip").trim();
vLocationPhone =crs.getString("BusinessPhone").trim();
//vExt =crs.getString("Ext").trim();
vLocationFax =crs.getString("BusinessFax").trim();
vBusinessEmail=crs.getString("BusinessEmail").trim();

vBusinessWebsite=crs.getString("BusinessWebSite").trim();
vCorporateName=crs.getString("CorporateName").trim();

vCorporateAddress=crs.getString("CorporateAddress").trim();
vCorporateCity =crs.getString("CorporateCity").trim();

vCorporateState=crs.getString("CorporateState").trim();
vCorporateZip=crs.getString("CorporateZip").trim();

vCorporateContactName=crs.getString("CorporateContactName").trim();

vCorporateContactPhone=crs.getString("BusinessContactPhone").trim();

vCorporateEmail=crs.getString("CorporateEmail").trim();
//
vSendMonthlyStatementsTo=crs.getString("SendStatementTo").trim();
vSendMonthlyStatementsTo="Corp"; // This is checkbox

System.out.println("lllllllllllllllllllllll"+
crs.getString("SendStatementTo"));

}
crs.close();

}
catch (Exception e){
System.out.println(e.toString());
}

Document document = new Document();
String state ="CA";
System.out.println("988888888888888888888888"+State);
String[] keys =
{ referral_id,
RepName,
BusinessName,
BusinessAddress,
OfficeName,
City,
State,
Zip,
LocationPhone,
//Ext,
LocationFax,
BusinessEmail,
WebSite,
CorporateName,
BillingAddress,
BillingCity,
BillingState,
BillingZip,
ContactName,
BusinessContactPhone,
CorporateEmail,
SendStatementTo,// This is checkbox

};

String[][] values = {
{ vreferral_id,
vRepName,
vBusinessName ,
vBusinessAddress,
vOfficeName,
vCity,
vstate,
vZip,
vLocationPhone,
//vExt,
vLocationFax,
vBusinessEmail,
vBusinessWebsite,
vCorporateName,
vCorporateAddress,
vCorporateCity,
vCorporateState,
vCorporateZip,
vCorporateContactName,
vCorporateContactPhone,
vCorporateEmail,
vSendMonthlyStatementsTo,// This is checkbox

},

};

PdfReader reader;
ByteArrayOutputStream baos;
PdfStamper stamper;
AcroFields form;
document = new Document();

System.out.println("999999999999999999999999");
try {
PdfCopy copy = new PdfCopy(document, new
FileOutputStream("f:\\Kalim\\InProgress\\"+name+".pdf"));
document.open();
for (int i = 0; i < values.length; i++) {
// set fields
//reader = new PdfReader("K:\\KALIM\\online\\Newtek
Application1 PDF.pdf");
reader = new PdfReader("C:\\Tomcat 4.1\\webapps\
\Templet\\App.pdf");
baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
stamper = new PdfStamper(reader, baos);
form = stamper.getAcroFields();
form.setExtraMargin(0, 1);
for (int j = 0; j < keys.length; j++) {
form.setField(keys[j], values[j]);
System.out.println(keys[j]+" "+values[j]);
}
stamper.setFormFlattening(false);
stamper.close();
// add page
reader = new PdfReader(baos.toByteArray());
copy.addPage(copy.getImportedPage(reader, 1));
copy.addPage(copy.getImportedPage(reader, 2));
copy.addPage(copy.getImportedPage(reader, 3));

}
} catch (DocumentException de) {
System.err.println(de.getMessage());
} catch (IOException ioe) {
System.err.println(ioe.getMessage());
}
document.close();
}

public void tableLayout(PdfPTable table, float[][] width, float[]
heights, int headerRows, int rowStart, PdfContentByte[] canvases) {
float widths[] = width[0];
PdfContentByte cb = canvases[PdfPTable.TEXTCANVAS];
cb.rectangle(widths[0] - 5, heights[heights.length - 1] - 5,
widths[widths.length - 1] - widths[0] + 10, heights[0] -
heights[heights.length - 1] + 10);
cb.stroke();