Check Coding Rules

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by vytaliss, Jul 1, 2011.

  1. vytaliss

    vytaliss

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2011
    Messages:
    I coded a small script in Perl, which check some coding rules (not the same for everyone I guess).
    It works on windows, maybe on Linux...
    It's about case, declaration of signal and constant, number of row per line, label on process:
    By example, all signal have to start with "sig_", constant by "cst_", keywords have to be in uppercase....
    You just have to fill the "my $PROJECT_PATH="Y:\\folder\\folder\\hdl";" field, to indicate the folder where u work.
    Or to comment the indicated part if u directly launch the script from the folder where the code is.

    check.pl name_of_file.vhd : to check one file
    check.pl : to check the whole folder.
    check.pl > bob.txt: redirect to a file

    I put an extract of a log to give an example (bob.txt) of the results.

    PS: u have to rename check.txt as check.pl
    If u have comments/debug/improvement, please let me know.
    I hope it will help.
    Thx

    Attached Files:

    vytaliss, Jul 1, 2011