CheckboxList

JD

Hello,

I am working on a page where I want to display a list of checkboxes that
have values that come from a database. I have two fields that I pull back
from the database, which are the id filed for the option and description
which is what the user will see on the page. I run the code without any
errors and when I set the control datasource to my datatable and set the
datavaluefield to the id and the datatextfield to the description I get the
following displaying on the screeen System.Data.DataRow.view. I know I have
seen this before, but for the life of me I can not remember how I got rid of
it. If anyone has any ideas on this I would really appreciate it. thanks.

JD

At first I was going to say good news and that it worked, but that is not
the case. The symptoms seem to be when I come into the page for the first
time then I see System message that I called out down below. If I turn off
the code that checks to see if postback is true then they update to the
values, but that is not what I am looking for. Anyways, if anyone has any
ideas drop me a line. Thanks.

JD

nevermind.....stupid 101.....needed to set the textfield and value field
before I did a databind.....problem solved.