From: Erika [mailto:[email protected]]=20
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 1:20 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: checking emails with ruby
=09
Hi,
=09
Is there a possibility in ruby or with a ruby extension for
checking emails?
=09
I'm thinking something like the following:
- ruby accesses a site and after a button is pressed an email is
send to an address
- ruby opens the mail handler (Outlook express / Thunderbird)
and waits that the email is downloaded
- opens the email (the email can be identified by it's subject)
- check if some text can be found in the email
=09

I believe it will be easier if you choose to (and can) avoid
Outlook/Thunder and read the mails via Ruby itself.
Reading mails from a POP/IMAP server is quite easy.
(For POP3)
http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/net/pop/rdoc/index.html

--
Shourya