Checking for Memory Leaks and Garbage Collection

Tom Cole

I'm working on an Ajax library that I plan to use on several upcoming
projects. Everything seems to work just great...

Now I want to get into the finer aspects of checking things... How
much memory am I using, are my objects making themselves available for
garbage collection adequately, etc.

Are there tools you can recommend (especially for IE and Firefox) that
I can use to get this information?

Benjamin

I'm working on an Ajax library that I plan to use on several upcoming
projects. Everything seems to work just great...

Now I want to get into the finer aspects of checking things... How
much memory am I using, are my objects making themselves available for
garbage collection adequately, etc.

Are there tools you can recommend (especially for IE and Firefox) that
I can use to get this information?

The addon for Firefox, Firebug, works great for this. It's at
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1843/. Good coding!