Checking overflow

jacob navia

I have added overflow checking as an optional feature of lcc-win32.
This means integer addition/subtraction/multiplication are tested
for overflow. If the overflow is detected, I call a user function

void _overflow(char *FunctionName, int LineNumber);

Questions:

1: Do you know if any compiler provides this or similar facility?

2: What interface do they use?

Floating point operations are *not* tested since C99 provides
a standard way of unmasking the overflow flag.