Clarification - ObjectDataSource events and caching

msch-prv

(Re-post) I have a datalist tied to an ObjectDataSource (ods) that
selects data via a custom function located in my BLL. The function
retrieves data either directly from the db or the cache using
HttpContext.Current.Cache. When the cached data is loaded back into
the ods, the ods Selected event is "frozen" (fires ok for "fresh
data").
From what I have read, it seems that ods events are disabled for
cached data. Is this true? If so, is there a work-around or a
different approach? In my case, the ods Selected event is used to
update the datalist navigation links. Thanks for any pointers.