    this?
    Thanks a lot,

    JP
    javaprog, May 26, 2004

  2. Andrew Thompson, May 26, 2004

  3. javaprog

    javaprog Guest

    Andrew Thompson <> wrote in message news:<14lnryv1rdzr1.7269212n6k52$>...
    > On 26 May 2004 03:32:05 -0700, javaprog wrote:
    >
    > > I've got a version of the Waba VM that only supports class files
    > > format 45.3 (and probably below).

    > Do you mean Java 1.1?

    Yes.
    I can ensure that classes are compiled for this version using "javac
    -target 1.1 ...", but I want it to be able to work irrespective of
    this.
    javaprog, May 27, 2004
  4. javaprog

    javaprog Guest

    (javaprog) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi,
    > I've got a version of the Waba VM that only supports class files
    > format 45.3 (and probably below).
    > I'd like to modify the source so that it supports more recent formats,
    > however I can't find any documentation that describes the differences
    > between the different formats.
    > Sun has some excellent documentation that describes the whole class
    > file format, but it doesn't seem to explain what the differences are
    > between the different format versions.
    > Has anyone got, or can point me to some documentation that describes
    > this?
    > Thanks a lot,
    >
    > JP

    Sorry, this was supposed to be a new thread but I've obviously posted
    it in the wrong place!
    javaprog, May 27, 2004
  5. javaprog

    Liz Guest

    ya, I could put chocolate ice cream in my cone,
    but I want it to be vanilla irrespective of this

    Liz, May 27, 2004
  6. javaprog

    javaprog Guest

    "Liz" <> wrote in message news:<jXstc.580$js4.333@attbi_s51>...
    > ya, I could put chocolate ice cream in my cone,
    > but I want it to be vanilla irrespective of this

    Ya, well I can change the VM so that it will parse all types of class
    files, so what's that got to do with anything, you muppet?
    javaprog, May 28, 2004