ClassCastException on JMS Service startup

Discussion in 'Java' started by Affan, Jun 24, 2004.

  1. Affan

    Affan Guest

    I am using Sun's JMS implementation from Dynamo app server. Whenever I
    start my server with Unacked objects already in the Queue I get a
    ClassCastException. This is strange because this even happens when I
    haven't changed any classes, just a stop/start of the server. I
    thought this was because of version differences between compiled class
    versions and I added serial version Ids in all classes but didnt help.
    Maybe its because of different classloaders etc.?

    I am storing simple Java objects in the MessageObjects (no XML, etc.)

    Here is the stackTrace:

    **** info /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService INFO Bound destination
    messageQueue
    into JNDI Namespace
    **** info /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService INFO Bound destination
    emailQueue in
    to JNDI Namespace
    **** info /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService INFO Bound destination
    errorQueue in
    to JNDI Namespace
    **** Warning /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService WARN Exception
    **** Warning /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService Message: null
    **** Warning /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService
    java.lang.ClassCastException
    **** Warning /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService at
    com.sun.jms.MessageImpl.deserializeMessageImpl(MessageImpl.java:2025)
    **** Warning /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService at
    com.sun.jms.service.QueueSubscription.loadUnackedMessages(QueueSubscription.java:183)
    **** Warning /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService at
    com.sun.jms.service.QueueImpl.loadLoggedMessages(QueueImpl.java:285)
    **** Warning /atg/dynamo/service/j2ee/JMSService at
    com.sun.jms.service.QueueImpl.<init>(QueueImpl.java:103)
    **** Warning at com.sun.jms.service.ServiceRecoveryManager.createDestinationFromDBRow(ServiceRecoveryManager.java:162)
    **** Warning at com.sun.jms.service.ServiceRecoveryManager.recoverDestinations(ServiceRecoveryManager.java:108)
    **** Warning at com.sun.jms.service.ServiceRecoveryManager.recover(ServiceRecoveryManager.java:70)
    **** Warning at com.sun.jms.service.JMSServiceImpl.initializationCheck(JMSServiceImpl.java:2148)