Classloader and cie

Sébastien Boutté

Hi all,

Currently, we have a project that is organized in the following way :
- com.toto.common : common branch
- com.toto.defaultimplementation : classes used by default
- com.toto.implementationxxx : specific implementation.

At runtime, implementation is choosen from a system property.
Classes needed in a specific implementation are not created by a
"new"operator but by a factory that
returns either the specific implemantation class from layer
implementationxxx or the
default class taken from the default implementation (if it exists).

Is it possible to remove this factory and replace it by a customClassloader
that will be in
charge of loading classes and to return either the specific class or the
default one ?
(By using a bootstrap class and redefine method findClass)

Thank you in advance,

Sébastien