Clearing form on back

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jacek, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. Jacek

    Jacek Guest

    Hi.
    I have some problem. Im not sure if this is problem with asp or maybe
    with iis.
    I have a form like this - file (file1.asp)
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE> New Document </TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <form name="form1" method="POST" action="file2.asp">
    <input type="text">
    <input type="Submit" value="Send" onclick="window.open ('test.html')">
    </form>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>
    All fields are sent to file2.asp. On sending you open some window -
    test.html.
    This window closes automatically. When you send data and are
    redirected to file2.asp and doing "back" to go back to file1.asp the
    form is cleared.
    I discover that input field in file1.asp when going back from
    file2.asp is not clear when file1 extension is htm or i dont open any
    window on submitting data.
    This effect is in ie, mozilla and opera keeping data in form when
    going back. Maybe i should change something in properties of ie or
    iis?
    Best regards.
    Jacek
    Jacek, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Jacek

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On 24 Sep 2004 01:52:15 -0700, (Jacek) wrote:

    >Hi.
    >I have some problem. Im not sure if this is problem with asp or maybe
    >with iis.
    >I have a form like this - file (file1.asp)
    ><HTML>
    ><HEAD>
    ><TITLE> New Document </TITLE>
    ></HEAD>
    ><BODY>
    ><form name="form1" method="POST" action="file2.asp">
    ><input type="text">
    ><input type="Submit" value="Send" onclick="window.open ('test.html')">
    ></form>
    ></BODY>
    ></HTML>
    >All fields are sent to file2.asp. On sending you open some window -
    >test.html.
    >This window closes automatically. When you send data and are
    >redirected to file2.asp and doing "back" to go back to file1.asp the
    >form is cleared.
    >I discover that input field in file1.asp when going back from
    >file2.asp is not clear when file1 extension is htm or i dont open any
    >window on submitting data.
    >This effect is in ie, mozilla and opera keeping data in form when
    >going back. Maybe i should change something in properties of ie or
    >iis?

    Do you wish the form cleared or not? If not, you'll have to post back
    to the form to retain the informartion, otherwise your ASP code is
    setting up the page from scratch again.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Sep 24, 2004