Clearing QueryString

Guest

I have only one page.Its a search results page.Depending on the component
selected in the results page the search is initiated. I am using QueryString
to send me details pertinent to search.But I need to have it cleared and not
retain the values when its posted back.
Can somebody throw some insight as to how to achieve this.

Kevin Spencer

It sounds like you don't want to use a QueryString to send you the Details.
Using a QueryString is handy if you want the user to be able to bookmark the
page, to save a search, for example. If you don't want the parameters in the
QueryString, it's better to send them via Form Post.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Ambiguity has a certain quality to it.

Guest

Yes I want the QueryString to send me the details but then I need to clear it
before I present the page otherwise the application will re read the same
parameters in the next postback.

Regards

Kevin Spencer

It won't re-read the QueryString during PostBack if you don't tell it to.
That is, check for IsPostBack prior to reading the QueryString.