CLI Parser Needed -- Suggestions?

gamename

Hi,

I have a CUnit application that needs fairly sophisticated cli parsing
capability. Rather than write it myself, I searched for a generalized
cli parser with the following characteristics:

1) Uses "C" language
2) Open source
3) Large user base (i.e. probably well supported)
4) Works on linux and Win32

Looking around, it appears the best fit is "argtable" (http://
argtable.sourceforge.net).

Anyone have any problems using this or any recommendations of other
options?

TIA,
-T

Rob Kendrick

Anyone have any problems using this or any recommendations of other
options?

getopt? I imagine somebody's created a stand-alone version that doesn't
require a full UNIX libc.

B.

Ivan Gotovchits

gamename said:
Hi,

I have a CUnit application that needs fairly sophisticated cli parsing
capability. Rather than write it myself, I searched for a generalized
cli parser with the following characteristics:

1) Uses "C" language
2) Open source
3) Large user base (i.e. probably well supported)
4) Works on linux and Win32

Looking around, it appears the best fit is "argtable" (http://
argtable.sourceforge.net).

Anyone have any problems using this or any recommendations of other
options?

TIA,
-T
If all you need is to parce command line arguments, then you need getopt().
If you need interactive input, then you need something like `yacc'.

William Pursell

I have a CUnit application that needs fairly sophisticated cli parsing
capability. Rather than write it myself, I searched for a generalized
cli parser with the following characteristics:

1) Uses "C" language
2) Open source
3) Large user base (i.e. probably well supported)
4) Works on linux and Win32

Looking around, it appears the best fit is "argtable" (http://
argtable.sourceforge.net).

Anyone have any problems using this or any recommendations of other
options?

libpopt
argp_parse (in glibc)

I have no idea about the applicability of either of these
to Windows, but they both are very capable and work well
in linux.