Click and Drag

Dan

Hi,

I had an interesting idea recently to implement on my dynamic site.

I would like to have the users be able to click on object 1 and drag it
overtop of object 2. Object 1 and object 2 should be div tags so that
they could go around anything. When the user starts to drag object 1,
a parcially transparent object 1 appears wherever the mouse goes (we
will call this object 3) and the original object 1 disappears. After
the user lets go of object 1 ontop of object 2, object 3 disappears and
a javascript occurs (i will add this to the script later). If object 1
is let go not ontop of object 2 then the original object 1 reappears
where it used to be and object 3 disappears.

Also, while all this clicking and draging is going on the user should
be able to click and drag to scroll the page.

Unfortunately i have no idea how to do any of this. If anyone could
help me with this it would be appreciated. This is kind of what you
can do to files and folders in Windows XP.

Please tell me if any of this is unclear.

Thanks,

Dan

paul

Dan said:
[...]

HI! Take a look at what this guy did. Its sounds alot like what you just
discribed. He created popup windows that can be altogether on one page and
can be expanded, moved around ect..except there are NOT popup windows. they
are Div tags.

http://scriptasylum.com/misc/popup/popup.html

Paul

Randy Webb

paul said the following on 3/1/2006 6:37 AM:
HI! Take a look at what this guy did. Its sounds alot like what you just
discribed. He created popup windows that can be altogether on one page and
can be expanded, moved around ect..except there are NOT popup windows. they
are Div tags.

But it's not a good place to start looking to learn how to script. It is

When the first four lines of actual code look like this:

var w3c=(document.getElementById)? true: false;
var ns4=(document.layers)?true:false;
var ie5=(w3c && document.all)? true : false;
var ns6=(w3c && !document.all)? true: false;

Leave and don't look back.

Is a better example.

paul

Randy said:
paul said the following on 3/1/2006 6:37 AM:

But it's not a good place to start looking to learn how to script. It is

When the first four lines of actual code look like this:

var w3c=(document.getElementById)? true: false;
var ns4=(document.layers)?true:false;
var ie5=(w3c && document.all)? true : false;
var ns6=(w3c && !document.all)? true: false;

Leave and don't look back.

Is a better example.

HI! Randy, Thanks for the link. I like the explanations and examples he
gives.

Paul