  1. If I have clicked the "always accept this application" when the page
    contains an applet, how can I untick it or de-whitelist the Applet?

    Cheers Richard Maher
    Richard Maher, Jun 4, 2013

  2. Richard Maher

    JJ Guest

    On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 06:56:22 +0800, Richard Maher wrote:
    > If I have clicked the "always accept this application" when the page
    > contains an applet, how can I untick it or de-whitelist the Applet?

    Use the Java Control Panel to manage it.
    JJ, Jun 5, 2013

  3. On 6/5/2013 9:42 AM, JJ wrote:
    > On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 06:56:22 +0800, Richard Maher wrote:
    >> If I have clicked the "always accept this application" when the page
    >> contains an applet, how can I untick it or de-whitelist the Applet?

    > Use the Java Control Panel to manage it.

    Any particular part of the control panel?
    Richard Maher, Jun 5, 2013
  4. Richard Maher

    Joerg Meier Guest

    On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 16:30:22 +0800, Richard Maher wrote:

    > On 6/5/2013 9:42 AM, JJ wrote:
    >> On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 06:56:22 +0800, Richard Maher wrote:
    >>> If I have clicked the "always accept this application" when the page
    >>> contains an applet, how can I untick it or de-whitelist the Applet?

    >> Use the Java Control Panel to manage it.

    > Any particular part of the control panel?

    Security/Manage Certificates what you are looking for ?

    Liebe Gruesse,
    Joerg

    ungelesen.
    Joerg Meier, Jun 5, 2013
  5. Richard Maher

    JJ Guest

    On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 16:30:22 +0800, Richard Maher wrote:
    > Any particular part of the control panel?

    General tab > Settings... > Delete Files...

    Tick only the "Installed Applcations and Applets". It'll clear the
    "remember" flag. The program will still be in the cache. If you want to
    clear that also, then tick the "Cached Applcations and Applets" too.

    Note:
    "Installed Applcations and Applets" aren't viewable using the "View..."
    button. Go figure...
    JJ, Jun 5, 2013
  6. On 6/6/2013 1:06 AM, JJ wrote:
    > On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 16:30:22 +0800, Richard Maher wrote:
    >> Any particular part of the control panel?

    > General tab > Settings... > Delete Files...
    >
    > Tick only the "Installed Applcations and Applets". It'll clear the
    > "remember" flag.

    Thanks JJ! That's the one option I didn't try as it was unticked by
    default and all the "here be dragons" warnings.

    > The program will still be in the cache. If you want to
    > clear that also, then tick the "Cached Applcations and Applets" too.
    >
    > Note:
    > "Installed Applcations and Applets" aren't viewable using the "View..."
    > button. Go figure...

    Yeah they don't make it easy do they.

    Another thing I noticed is that there is no blacklist. You can't say
    "Don't run this applet and never ask me about it again". So technically
    the "Do not show this again for this app" should be greyed out until the
    Accept box is tick but who cares I guess.

    Thanks again for the useful information.

    Cheers Richard Maher
    Richard Maher, Jun 6, 2013
  7. On 6/5/2013 6:59 PM, Joerg Meier wrote:
    > On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 16:30:22 +0800, Richard Maher wrote:

    >>> Use the Java Control Panel to manage it.

    >> Any particular part of the control panel?

    > Security/Manage Certificates what you are looking for ?
    >
    > Liebe Gruesse,
    > Joerg

    Knob.
    Richard Maher, Jun 6, 2013
  8. Richard Maher

    Joerg Meier Guest

    On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 18:16:43 +0800, Richard Maher wrote:

    > On 6/5/2013 6:59 PM, Joerg Meier wrote:
    >>> Any particular part of the control panel?

    >> Security/Manage Certificates what you are looking for ?

    > Knob.

    The first time I thought maybe you were just confusing me with someone, but
    this time I'm just stumped. Do you typically insult people trying to help
    you and answer your questions ?

    Liebe Gruesse,
    Joerg

    ungelesen.
    Joerg Meier, Jun 6, 2013
  9. Joerg Meier wrote:

    > On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 18:16:43 +0800, Richard Maher wrote:
    >>> Security/Manage Certificates what you are looking for ?

    >> Knob.

    > The first time I thought maybe you were just confusing me with someone,
    > but this time I'm just stumped. Do you typically insult people trying to
    > help you and answer your questions ?

    My killfile says: yes.

    Could you *please* stop this mindless crossposting without F'up2, and …

    > Ich lese meine Emails nicht, replies to Email bleiben also leider
    > ungelesen.

    fix this? Both are impolite. Java != JavaScript.

    F'up2 poster
    --
    PointedEars

    Twitter: @PointedEars2
    Please do not Cc: me. / Bitte keine Kopien per E-Mail.
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Jun 6, 2013