Client Id generation problems

jw56578

I have a reapeater where each repeater item contains several table
rows. The table rows, in turn, contain several child objects. when
everthing is rendered, the client ids are constructed as such

repeatername_repeateritemname_tablerowname
repeatername_repeateritemname_rowchildobjectname

why does asp.net not construct the client ids as follows:

repeatername_repeateritemname_tablrowname_rowchildobjectname

Craig Deelsnyder

I have a reapeater where each repeater item contains several table
rows. The table rows, in turn, contain several child objects. when
everthing is rendered, the client ids are constructed as such

repeatername_repeateritemname_tablerowname
repeatername_repeateritemname_rowchildobjectname

why does asp.net not construct the client ids as follows:

repeatername_repeateritemname_tablrowname_rowchildobjectname

The 'nested' naming structure is based on if a control implements
INamingContainer. Repeater does, the other two controls do not. When
the id is constructed, .NET walks thru the tree and the _ is added as
naming containers are encountered.

Craig Deelsnyder

thanks a lot
not a problem...actually, I should have said it adds the naming
container control id and _ onto the prefix of the 'nested control''s
id...but you know what I meant :)