    BlankThere are a number of good examples illustrating how an http client can send http mulipart/form-data files to a server using the dotnet.framework.aspnet support. I haven't been able to find a good example of client side processing of multiple downloaded files. I believe the content type is APPLICATION/OCTET-STREAM. Can you point me to a good example of this? Our application must be able to send and receive multiple files in one stream. Is it possible to use the WebClient class? Thanks for your help.

    Best Regards,

    Paul J. Lay
    Paul J. Lay, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Hi Paul,

    From your description, you 're wondering some certain dotnet buildin
    classes/componetns to perform the multi-files uploads and downloads
    operatons which similar with what can be done via web page's
    fileupload/download, yes?

    As for this question, here are my suggestions;
    1. AS for the file download, it is limited that we can make one
    httpwebrequest and retireve one download file each time. Just like what we
    do file download via web page. There are some sample codes in the following
    weblinks.

    2. About the upload, when we use a webpage to upload files, we can put on
    mulit inputfile html controls and upload multi-files in one post request.
    However, as far as I've searched, I haven't found any sample or techarticle
    demostrate on uploading multi-files via webclient or httpwebRequest class.
    All I've found is upload one file eachtime. I'm not sure the behavior via
    the webclient class or uploading through web page in IE is different, and
    currently I'm consulting some further experts on this and will update you
    as soon as I've got any further reference. Thanks.

    Tech articles on performing file uploading and downloading applied the
    webclient or httpWebrequest/HttpWebResponse classes
    #Uploading and Downloading Files
    http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Internet/WebRequestNResponseMDB.asp

    #MultipartForm Uploader
    http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/2003/May/DotNetBugs.asp

    Certain reference in MSDN:
    #WebClient.UploadFile Method (String, String)
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemNetWebClientCl
    assUploadFileTopic1.asp?frame=true

    #WebClient.DownloadFile Method
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemNetWebClientCl
    assDownloadFileTopic.asp?frame=true

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 6, 2004

  3. Hi Paul,

    Have you had a chance to check out the suggestions in my last reply or have
    you got any further ideas on this issue? From my further research, the
    multi-file upload via webclient or httpWebrequest(I think webclient is much
    more simple to use) need to implement by upload a single file each request
    one by one. As for the Multi-file upload via web page(the intput file
    elements), it seem has been handled at serverside internally before we
    process it in asp.net and which is hard to implement when using the
    webclient or httpWebRequest component. Anyway, if you have anything
    unclear, please feel free to post here. Thanks.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 8, 2004