client system font size

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by VR, Nov 10, 2003.

  1. VR

    VR Guest

    I designed an ASP.NET page and in the IDE design view the
    page looks just fine. It also looks fine when I view it in
    the browser on my development PC.

    When I look at the same page, using the same browser (IE
    6.0) on a different system, it's all messed up -- some
    labels overlay text boxes, etc. I noticed, that on that
    system the font is set to large (125%) in "Display
    Properties". By making the labels on my page larger fixes
    the problem -- when text is viewed at 125%, it still fits
    in labels, so no overlaying is occuring. But now, it
    doesn't look good anymore on the system with normal font.

    Is there any way to enfocre a normal size font for my page
    in spite of the system's settings? Or is there another way
    of dealing with problems like this?

    Thanks for any help.

    VR

    VR, Nov 10, 2003

  2. VR

    bruce barker Guest

    in a word no. unless you control the screen resolution and font size system
    setting for your users, you can not use grid layout. you should be using
    flow layout mode, and relative sizes (points not pixels).

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Nov 10, 2003