client system font size

VR

I designed an ASP.NET page and in the IDE design view the
page looks just fine. It also looks fine when I view it in
the browser on my development PC.

When I look at the same page, using the same browser (IE
6.0) on a different system, it's all messed up -- some
labels overlay text boxes, etc. I noticed, that on that
system the font is set to large (125%) in "Display
Properties". By making the labels on my page larger fixes
the problem -- when text is viewed at 125%, it still fits
in labels, so no overlaying is occuring. But now, it
doesn't look good anymore on the system with normal font.

Is there any way to enfocre a normal size font for my page
in spite of the system's settings? Or is there another way
of dealing with problems like this?

Thanks for any help.

VR

bruce barker

in a word no. unless you control the screen resolution and font size system
setting for your users, you can not use grid layout. you should be using
flow layout mode, and relative sizes (points not pixels).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)