Clientcertificates.IsPresent

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Chandy, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Chandy

    Chandy Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to detect in code whether a user has authenticated against
    my server using a client certificate. I am using the following:

    Dim conCert As HttpClientCertificate
    conCert = HttpContext.Current.Request.ClientCertificate
    dim isPresent as boolean = conCert.IsPresent
    dim isValid as boolean = conCert.IsValid

    When I debug, IsPresent is False and IsValid is True.

    How can I have a Valid yet not-present Client Certificate???

    Dev is local with a mapped client cert in IIS 5.1 (XP Pro)

    Client cert is also installed locally.

    Any ideas?!

    FG

    Chandy, Feb 18, 2004