closing connection in web application.

archana

Hi all,

I am new to asp.net. I am developing one application. I want to open
and close connection for session. Means when user first time logged
in i want to open connection and store that in session. and when user
logged off close connection. But what if user IE only. How will i
handle this situlaton.

Please help me asap.

thanks in advance.

Patrice

Open and close your connections as needed. Connection pooling will return
already prepared connection for you from a connection pool so this is not a
performance hit.

The benefit is that it allows to serve N users with a much lower number of
connection (each user doesn't need a connection all the time, a connection
is needed just when the page runs).