Closing down an app on a mobile device from a Windows app

Matt

Hello,

I have a .Net windows application that transfers a data file via Active
Synch to a
mobile device using the Windows CE API.

The problem I have is that the application on the mobile device will
not
pick up the new data until it is restarted. This is because all the
data
is read from the data file on application start up.

I don't want to have to tell my users that they must restart the mobile
device
application after each data transfer because users forget and start-up
is the slowest part
(due to the data reading ;) ).

I have considered adding a Refresh Data button to the mobile
application
which forces the re-reading of the data file, but once again this
relies on the user
remembering to press it after each transfer.

What I would like to do is close down (i.e. remove from memory
completely) the application
on the mobile device from the Windows application. I can then do this
automatically after each data file transfer.

I have seen that the CE API has a CreateProcess method but there does
not seem to be and equivalent
EndProcess method?

Is it possible to do?

I apologise that this posting has nothing to do with ASP.Net but this
is the only group I could find dealing with mobile devices.
Thanks in advance,

Matt

Matt Taylor

Sorry for the duplicate post.

Google was playing up and looked like it was not working so I tried
devdex instead.

Matt