Closing down an app on a mobile device from a Windows app

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Matt, Dec 2, 2004.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Hello,

    I have a .Net windows application that transfers a data file via Active
    Synch to a
    mobile device using the Windows CE API.

    The problem I have is that the application on the mobile device will
    not
    pick up the new data until it is restarted. This is because all the
    data
    is read from the data file on application start up.

    I don't want to have to tell my users that they must restart the mobile
    device
    application after each data transfer because users forget and start-up
    is the slowest part
    (due to the data reading ;) ).

    I have considered adding a Refresh Data button to the mobile
    application
    which forces the re-reading of the data file, but once again this
    relies on the user
    remembering to press it after each transfer.

    What I would like to do is close down (i.e. remove from memory
    completely) the application
    on the mobile device from the Windows application. I can then do this
    automatically after each data file transfer.

    I have seen that the CE API has a CreateProcess method but there does
    not seem to be and equivalent
    EndProcess method?

    Is it possible to do?

    I apologise that this posting has nothing to do with ASP.Net but this
    is the only group I could find dealing with mobile devices.
    Thanks in advance,

    Matt

    Matt, Dec 2, 2004

  2. Matt

    Matt Taylor Guest

    Sorry for the duplicate post.

    Google was playing up and looked like it was not working so I tried
    devdex instead.

    Matt

    Matt Taylor, Dec 2, 2004