closing the main browser with onclick?

bobmct

OK - I know! This is supposedly "not nice"!

But, there are times, especially for internal web applications, where it may
be desired. And I have just that situation in several applications at
this time.

When the user clicks on an icon from the desktop it actually causes a
separate copy of Mozilla to be started along with its referenced
applications. This part of the process works just fine. But, its possible
to have more than one application open on the desktop at a time. And I am
certainly aware that clicking on the "X" will close the browser session,
but some of the users are running in kiosk mode (don't ask).

Therefore, it would be really nice if the "Quit" buttons which contain
onclick="close()" would do just that.

So, as I haven't been able to find anything that "might" supercede this
caution, does anyone have a method or trick that will allow this to work???

Thanks all who respond.

Bob

ASM

bobmct a écrit :
OK - I know! This is supposedly "not nice"!

once upon a time ...
was a marvelous world where that worked in certain conditions
(and only in local : not on a server)

something like :

function closeMe() {
opener = self;