Closing the window

lightzizo

Hi All,

How can I prevent the user from closing the window? I need some how to
prevent the user from closing the window even if he tried to close it
from the (X) button in the top right of the window?
How can I do that???

thanks

regards,

Mohammed

Mick White

lightzizo said:
Hi All,

How can I prevent the user from closing the window? I need some how to
prevent the user from closing the window even if he tried to close it
from the (X) button in the top right of the window?
How can I do that???
You can't, nor should you be able to. Besides, I don't have an (X) button.
Mick

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Jasen said:
you can't. the close button is an OS feature.

No, it is a feature of the window manager, in 32+ bit Windows that is
explorer.exe by default. Only Windows tries and inevitably fails to
unite both in one big working piece of software.

PointedEars

rf

Thomas said:
No, it is a feature of the window manager, in 32+ bit Windows that is
explorer.exe by default. Only Windows tries and inevitably fails to
unite both in one big working piece of software.

No, it is not a feature of the window manager. It is a feature of the
gdi32.dll component responsible for drawing the non-client area of windows.
I would say that gdi32.dll *is* part of the OS.

The actual handling of, say, a mouse click on the X is also handled by
gdi32.dll as part of the default handling for windows messages.

gdi32.dll has nothing at all to do with explorer.exe, other than the fact
that explorer.exe, being simply an application, uses gdi32.dll to handle
its non-client area and other windows related functions.

Also, explorer.exe has nothing to do at all with window management. It is
merely a program responsible for displaying the contents of folders,
allowing the user to manipulate said contents, and allowing the user to
launch applications. You can even shut down explorer.exe (with task
manager) and the desktop and all "windows management" functions will
continue to operate normally.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

rf said:
No, it is not a feature of the window manager. It is a feature of the
gdi32.dll component responsible for drawing the non-client area of
windows. I would say that gdi32.dll *is* part of the OS.

No, it is not. gdi32.dll provides the an interface and explorer.exe uses
it. Try another window manager like LiteStep and you'll see that it is not
a feature of the OS.
Also, explorer.exe has nothing to do at all with window management.

Wrong. Kill explorer.exe or use another "shell" and you'll see that it is.
You can even shut down explorer.exe (with task manager) and the desktop
and all "windows management" functions will continue to operate normally.

Only because the "shell" is automatically restarted.

Followup-To poster

PointedEars