Closing windows on session timeout

RJN

Hi

I open a few pop-up windows from a main window. If session time out
occurs in either the main window or the pop-up windows ,I redirect the
user to login screen. Currently what is happening is , suppose session
times out in a pop-up window, then the login screen opens in the same
window. I want to close all the Pop-up window, main window and redirect
the user to the login screen. If I can redirect to the main window is
also ok, but all the pop-up windows must be closed. Any help is highly
appreciated. Similar situation arises in case of an error where I
redirect to an error page.

Regards

RJN

Kevin Spencer

Closing browser instances is not something you can do from the server. The
server responds to request from the client. A Session times out because
there ARE no requests form the client. You will need to use JavaScript on
the client to do this. The JavaScript setTimeOut() function will execute
another JavaScript function at a specified interval of time. That would be
the way to go.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer