cocoon 2.1.6 xsp page: problem with <esql:get-string> and <esql:get-xml>

Arne Schirmacher

I want to display a MySQL database field that can contain HTML markup.
If I use <esql:get-string> then I get all of the database field, but
all tags are escaped which is not what I want. If I use <esql:get-xml>
the tags are not escaped, but only the first part of the database
field is displayed.

The content of the database field is:

"<h1>Title</h1><h2>Subtitle</h2>"

Here is my xsp page:

<xsp:page language="java"
xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
<page>

<title>Test</title>

<content>

<esql:connection>
<esql:pool>abc</esql:pool>
<esql:execute-query>
<esql:query>
select * from blocks
</esql:query>
<esql:results>
<text>
<esql:row-results>
<esql:get-string column="block"/>
</esql:row-results>
</text>
</esql:results>
</esql:execute-query>
</esql:connection>

</content>
</page>

</xsp:page>

This xsp page generates:
<text>
&lt;h1&gt;Title&lt;/h1&gt;&lt;h2&gt;Subtitle&lt;/h2&gt;
</text>

When I use <esql:get-xml column="block"/> then the output changes to:

<text>
<h1>Title</h1>
</text>

Note that the "Subtitle" string is gone. Why? What can I do to get all
of the database field in the xml output?