code behind button click open 2nd web page

Guest

Hi
I am using vb.net code behind.

In my code I have a button click event on my main web
form.

Private Sub btNew_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object,
ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles btNew.Click
Server.Transfer("New.aspx?") ' this moves to a
new pagie
End Sub

I would like to open a second web form without closing or
leaving the first form.
I need to do this with the form Button not a hyperlink
button.

Can this be done?

Thanks
Brian
..

John Saunders

Hi
I am using vb.net code behind.

In my code I have a button click event on my main web
form.

Private Sub btNew_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object,
ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles btNew.Click
Server.Transfer("New.aspx?") ' this moves to a
new pagie
End Sub

I would like to open a second web form without closing or
leaving the first form.
I need to do this with the form Button not a hyperlink
button.

If you can use an HtmlButton, then you can set the client-side "onclick"
event to the appropriate JavaScript to open the new page.

John Saunders

Guest

No this web page looks like a windows app. I need the to
use the buttons.. is there a way to make a hyperlink
button look like a form button?

John Saunders

No this web page looks like a windows app. I need the to
use the buttons.. is there a way to make a hyperlink
button look like a form button?

Sorry, what are you saying no to? Is there a problem with the
HtmlInputButton control?

John Saunders