Code to search for files in directory

MP

I was wondering if anyone can point me to some example code of searching for
a file, like *.*, or *.pdf, much like the Windows search function.

I am at a smaller location, away from the main office, and although I can
map a drive or just use \\ to go to the desired location, the connection is
too slow to search.

I'd like to implement a search function on the intranet web (at the main
office), where it will search a certain directory and its subdirectories and
return the results as network links (using the \\ convention); actually it
doesn't matter how it displays the links, as long as it shows me where stuff
is.

That way the search is run on the computer where the originating directories
are.

Thanks in advance

Nathan Sokalski

Are you asking for ASP code that does this on a website, or are you just
trying to find files for your use? If you are asking for Windows help, go to
one of the other newsgroups. If you are looking for ASP code help, please
give a little more detail as to what you want.