Codebihind not working on live server

ChrisAndTammyHallum

I have a VB.NET web project that I wrote on my computer with Studio. It
works great, on my computer. However when I ported it over to my company's
production server it doesn't know how to handle the codebehind.
Other programmers have written NET pages using Matrix, which puts
everything in 1 file instead of splitting it up, and they work fine. I
tried merging my Studio's aspx and vb files into one but it didn't work.
Does anyone have an idea why the live server will not run my Visual
Studio .NET files but will run the Web Matrix pages? I realize that the
details are lacking but its about all the information I have. I do not have
phisical access to the live server.

Thanks for any help. Chris

ashelley

I have a VB.NET web project that I wrote on my computer with Studio. It
works great, on my computer. However when I ported it over to my company's
production server it doesn't know how to handle the codebehind.
Other programmers have written NET pages using Matrix, which puts
everything in 1 file instead of splitting it up, and they work fine. I
tried merging my Studio's aspx and vb files into one but it didn't work.
Does anyone have an idea why the live server will not run my Visual
Studio .NET files but will run the Web Matrix pages? I realize that the
details are lacking but its about all the information I have. I do not have
phisical access to the live server.

Thanks for any help. Chris

Are the .dll files being put into a bin directory within the
application?

-Adam

Annick Van Hoof

Are the .dll files being put into a bin directory within the
application?

Or the assembly DLL's might be put in a directory with sufficient rights
that is in the search path ?
I'm not quite sure: please correct me if I'm wrong...

Wim

ChrisAndTammyHallum

The .dll files are being created.

Here are some other errors that I am getting:

When I create the project I am sitting at my computer and puttinh in the web
address of the live server. The following error is given.

Web Access Failed
The default Web access mode for this project is set to file share, but the
project folder at 'http://wxx.zzzz.com/folder1/folder2/MyProject' cannot be
opened with the path '\\wxx.zzzz.com\wwwroot$\Reporting\Tulsa\MyProject'.
The error returned was:
Unable to create Web project 'folder1/folder2/MyProject'. The UNC
Share
'\\wxx.zzzz.com\wwwroot$\folder1\folder\MyProject' does not exist
or
you do not have access.

What would you like to do?
O Retry using a different file share path
O Try to open the project with FrontPage Server Extensions

Once I get around that problem and create the project, I am able to compile
it. But when I go the web address of my page, the following message shows
in Internet explorer.

Server Error in '/' Application
Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allow
Definition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can
be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in
IIS.

Source Error:
Line 37: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile
services for member sites.
Line 38: -->
Line 39: <authentication mode="Windows" />
Line 40:

Source File K:\WFM\www\folder1\folder2\MyProject\web.config Line: 39