COG sample code problem

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mark Hahn, Nov 12, 2003.

  1. Mark Hahn

    Mark Hahn Guest

    I'm running COG 0.5 with python 2.3.2 windows build #49. When I ran the
    sample code benchmark.py I got this error:

    while saving <cog.registry.Registry object at 0x008EAB50>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\cog\db.py", line 368, in save_objects
    self.io.save_obj(obj, oid, self)
    File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\cog\io.py", line 252, in save_obj
    pickler.dump(obj.__class__)
    PicklingError: Can't pickle <class 'cog.registry.Registry'>: it's not the
    same object as cog.registry.Registry

    Has anyone seen this problem before? Can anyone give me a hand?

    I'm trying out COG because pickle was not able to handle the task of
    pickling my object graph. Now I'm getting a pickle error in COG. It's as
    if pickle is out to get me.

    I wonder if COG is going to have the same recursion limit pickle had since
    it uses pickle.

    Mark Hahn, Nov 12, 2003