    changed ( so a page reload is not needed).

    Thanks for help!
    , Dec 16, 2004

  2. kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...
    > I've got a simple coldfusion query output (title, id and disclaimer)
    > that I use to dynamically populate a select box with the title using
    > the id as the value. What I need is to use javascript to populate a
    > second text field with the disclaimer when any of the selections are
    > changed ( so a page reload is not needed).
    >
    > Thanks for help!

    CF runs on the server. Javascript runs on the client. The point being that it
    doesn't matter how the original select box is populated - it's all finished
    by the time javascript sees it. You do this the same as you would if the
    values were hard-coded.

    I have a small example here.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace/useful_dynamicSelects.html

    ~kaeli~
    Quantum Express: When you absolutely, positively, don't
    know where it's going or when it needs to be there.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
    kaeli, Dec 16, 2004

    Understood. I have no problem creating dynamic pulldowns from other
    pulldowns using javascript when based on static arrays. Populating both
    fields based on ever changing information from the coldfusion query and
    allowing the user access to this information when changing a single
    pulldown is what I really need assitance with. The info in the text
    block to be populated/changed whenever the select box changes when the
    results of the coldfusion query change. I expect the coldfusion results
    to become "static" to javascript whenever the page is refreshed but I
    need to use javascript to use those effectively without refreshing.
    , Dec 16, 2004