coldfusion query to javascript form variables

entact

I've got a simple coldfusion query output (title, id and disclaimer)
that I use to dynamically populate a select box with the title using
the id as the value. What I need is to use javascript to populate a
second text field with the disclaimer when any of the selections are
changed ( so a page reload is not needed).

Thanks for help!

kaeli

I've got a simple coldfusion query output (title, id and disclaimer)
that I use to dynamically populate a select box with the title using
the id as the value. What I need is to use javascript to populate a
second text field with the disclaimer when any of the selections are
changed ( so a page reload is not needed).

Thanks for help!

CF runs on the server. Javascript runs on the client. The point being that it
doesn't matter how the original select box is populated - it's all finished
by the time javascript sees it. You do this the same as you would if the
values were hard-coded.

I have a small example here.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace/useful_dynamicSelects.html

~kaeli~
Quantum Express: When you absolutely, positively, don't
know where it's going or when it needs to be there.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

entact

Understood. I have no problem creating dynamic pulldowns from other
pulldowns using javascript when based on static arrays. Populating both
fields based on ever changing information from the coldfusion query and
allowing the user access to this information when changing a single
pulldown is what I really need assitance with. The info in the text
block to be populated/changed whenever the select box changes when the
results of the coldfusion query change. I expect the coldfusion results
to become "static" to javascript whenever the page is refreshed but I
need to use javascript to use those effectively without refreshing.