Collapsible lists

James Hutton

I'm trying to implement a page with 12 headings - January to December
with a news archive within each section. Initially I would like all of
these to be hidded, when clicking on the heading it would open that
month's corresponding text and images. The monthly arhives are usually
about 60 - 70 lines long, so I don't particularly want to have them all
open - ie opening one heading closes the remaining ones. I've seen some
javascript methods to create collapsible lists, is there anything
similar in CSS, that doesn't rely on Javascript?

James

Spartanicus

James Hutton said:
I'm trying to implement a page with 12 headings - January to December
with a news archive within each section. Initially I would like all of
these to be hidded, when clicking on the heading it would open that
month's corresponding text and images. The monthly arhives are usually
about 60 - 70 lines long, so I don't particularly want to have them all
open - ie opening one heading closes the remaining ones. I've seen some
javascript methods to create collapsible lists, is there anything
similar in CSS, that doesn't rely on Javascript?

Nothing appropriate.

If having them all expanded is inconvenient then you have to much
content for one page. Using CSS and/or Javascript can at best only mask
that, they are optional technologies, a page should work without them.

The better solution is to distribute the content to multiple pages,
unless there is a good reason why they must be viewed simultaneously.