    Sam Guest

    Hi, just wondering where I can find a how to change the scroll bar color?
    Thanks.

    Sam, Oct 30, 2003

  2. Sam

    rf Guest

    "Sam" <> wrote in message
    news:%93ob.221353$pl3.15483@pd7tw3no...
    > Hi, just wondering where I can find a how to change the scroll bar color?
    > Thanks.

    Probably google.
    http://www.google.com.au/search?q=change scroll bar color
    gives a hundred and sixty thousand hits. I hope many of them tell you do not
    do this. You own the canvas, I own the browser.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Sam wrote:

    > Hi, just wondering where I can find a how to change the scroll bar color?

    In Windows, right click on your desktop to go to display preferences. It's
    somewhere in there.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Oct 30, 2003
  4. Sam

    Sam Guest

    Thanks for the link, a lot of help, worked out great.

    Sam, Oct 30, 2003
  5. Sam

    Safalra Guest

    "Sam" <> wrote in message news:<%93ob.221353$pl3.15483@pd7tw3no>...
    > Hi, just wondering where I can find a how to change the scroll bar color?

    You can only do it in Internet Explorer, as it uses non-standard
    Microsoft code.

    It's also really bad style to change the user's GUI - as a web page
    author you should only have influence over the section of the screen
    assigned to you; if you're allowed to mess with the scrollbars, they
    may as well let you change the entire colour scheme and the desktop
    background picture to suit your site - this is obviously rediculous.

    --- Stephen Morley ---
    http://www.safalra.com

    Safalra, Oct 30, 2003
  6. Sam

    Keith Guest

    Sam wrote:
    > Hi, just wondering where I can find a how to change the scroll bar color?

    Stick this in your <style type="text/css"> </style> and alter the colors to
    you preference.

    body { scrollbar-face-color: red; scrollbar-arrow-color: white;
    scrollbar-shadow-color: gray }

    Keith, Oct 31, 2003