    attached to coffee cup, so I would really like to have a single useful
    colour assistant. Does it exist?

    Tim W
    Tim W, Aug 24, 2012

  2. Tim W

    TK Guest

    On 8/24/2012 4:13 AM, Tim W wrote:
    > I want a little application to help me with colour schemes. It should:
    >
    > identify colours on the screen
    > convert from web to rgb and copy the values
    > handle transparency
    > identify complementary and contrasting colours
    > allow me to alter saturation and brightness
    > save groups of colours as colour schemes
    >
    > It should be free because I am mean and stingy. Does such a thing exist?
    > atm I am using three or four different applications, a little onscreen
    > colour picker, an online converter, a colour wheel type thing which is
    > attached to coffee cup, so I would really like to have a single useful
    > colour assistant. Does it exist?
    >
    > Tim W

    http://www.msearchcorp.com/Products/ColorPicker/Index.htm will cover
    most if not all of that.

    --
    TK ~ aka Terry Kimpling
    http://wejuggle2.com/
    TK, Aug 24, 2012

  3. Tim W wrote:
    > I want a little application to help me with colour schemes. It should:
    >
    > identify colours on the screen
    > convert from web to rgb and copy the values
    > handle transparency
    > identify complementary and contrasting colours
    > allow me to alter saturation and brightness
    > save groups of colours as colour schemes
    >
    > It should be free because I am mean and stingy. Does such a thing exist?
    > atm I am using three or four different applications, a little onscreen
    > colour picker, an online converter, a colour wheel type thing which is
    > attached to coffee cup, so I would really like to have a single useful
    > colour assistant. Does it exist?

    There are plenty of online "color wheel" apps, but never really saw the
    need...never saw the difficultly in primary, secondary, tertiary colors
    and analogous, complementary, triadic, quadratic color schemes.

    If you want to identify the colors used in a particular webpage, the
    Firefox extension Web Developer Bar has a "Display Color Information"
    tool that makes a color swatch page with hex color values.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO