    Thanks in advance !

    By,
    Christian
    Christian Knoblauch, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Christian Knoblauch

    Paul Rudin Guest

    > Hello all, under Win32 it is possible to use Python as a
    > scripting language inside ASP pages (win32lib package), so there
    > must be a COM interface to the Python interpreter.

    > I like to use this interface instead of writing my own COM
    > server to invoke Python scripts from COM aware languages,
    > unfortunately i can not find the type-library for this
    > interface.

    I think there's a possible misconception floating around here... the
    libary code to support the implementation of com servers in python is
    not of itself a com server and hence has no type library.

    > Can one provide this information (perhaps with an litle example)
    > ?

    There is code for a "hello world" com server in the win32com
    documentation - see
    <http://www.python.org/windows/win32com/QuickStartServerCom.html>. There
    are a couple of other examples in site-packages/win32com/demos
    (assuming you've installed the win32com stuff).
    Paul Rudin, Jul 21, 2003

  3. Christian Knoblauch

    Achim Domma Guest

    Hi Christian,

    > under Win32 it is possible to use Python as a scripting language inside

    ASP
    > pages (win32lib package), so there must be a COM interface to the Python
    > interpreter.
    >
    > I like to use this interface instead of writing my own COM server to

    invoke
    > Python scripts from COM aware languages, unfortunately i can not find the
    > type-library for this interface.

    I think you are mixing something. To be available as scripting language
    inside ASP, there has to be a special interface, but it's not a 'simple'
    IDispatch based interface. You can look at the documentation of the Windows
    Scripting Host on how to use it in your own apps. Then you can automate your
    App with all installed scripting languages.
    If you would give us more details about what you want to do, one could
    answer more helpfully.

    regards,
    Achim
    Achim Domma, Jul 21, 2003