com.ms.security, com.ms.security.PermissionID.FILEIO and error in compiling

Discussion in 'Java' started by Marco, Jan 28, 2006.

  1. Marco

    Marco Guest

    I need to permit to an Applet to read and write HD files.
    All ok with java 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 of Sun.
    But when, before signing a verson of my applet written for Internet Explorer
    without Java SUN (Microsoft 1.1.4 JVM), I try to insert this:

    try
    {
    Class s=Class.forName("com.ms.security.PolicyEngine");
    if (s!=null)
    {s.assertPermission(com.ms.security.PermissionID.FILEIO);}
    }
    catch(Throwable e)
    {System.out.println("Error: "+e);}

    The result, is, while I compile my applet, the following error:

    package com.ms.security does not exist
    s.assertPermission(com.ms.security.PermissionID.FILEIO);

    I try Class p=com.ms.security.PermissionID; and
    s.assertPermission(p.FILEIO); instead, but the error is "No variable FILEIO
    defined in class java.lang.Class"

    How can I do? I have only Sun javac for compile.

    N.B.I writed 2 applets, one for SUN 1.4, and the another for Microsoft JVM,
    with a javascript that run the correct one in the browser, but only the one
    for java Sun works properly.

    Marco, Jan 28, 2006

  2. Marco

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 20:06:15 +0100, "Marco" <>

    >But when, before signing a verson of my applet written for Internet Explorer
    >without Java SUN (Microsoft 1.1.4 JVM), I try to insert this:

    Microsoft's signing scheme is long buried. You can't even buy
    certificates for it any more. The new Sun model is much simpler. You
    don't HAVE to ask permission for any thing, though you can test if
    your are permitted Just go ahead and do it. You will get an exception
    if you don't have permission. Basically you just rip out all the old
    permission code for Netscape/MS.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/signedapplets.html
    and chase links for a day or two.
    --