Command Event firing without apparent cause

John Bankhead

I am building a control with among other controls is a datagrid. The data
grid, when populated has twenty-five text columns and a single input column.
The column, depending on the data in the row, is being created as either a
button or a textbox. This logic is performed in the ItemDataBound event of
the data grid. The buttons are all attached to a single command event, and
are distinguished by their IDs and the contents of their respective
CommandArguments.

I am finding that the command event for the last button in that column is
being invoked when the datagrid is loaded for the first time. Reloads do not
cause the event to re-fire unless the parameters dictating what data are
reloaded are changed.

What might be causing that command event to fire without clicking on one of
those buttons?

John Bankhead

I apologize, I thought I had cancelled my original post in favor of this much
shorter one.