Command line XML

Warrick FitzGerald

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a command line tool that I can manipulate an XML file
with, using XSL.

I don't want to use any form of java. I would like a stand alone tool.

Could someone please suggest something.

Thanks
Warrick

Patrick TJ McPhee

% I'm looking for a command line tool that I can manipulate an XML file
% with, using XSL.

libxslt comes with such a tool, called xsltproc.

% I don't want to use any form of java. I would like a stand alone tool.

You can probably link it statically, but a normal build of xsltproc
depends on the libxml and libxslt shared libraries. It is compiled to
native machine code, which may be what you mean. http://xmlsoft.org

I suppose I should mention that xalan also provides a command-line tool,
which depends on the xerces and xalan shared libraries.
http://xml.apache.org

Dimitre Novatchev

Warrick FitzGerald said:
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a command line tool that I can manipulate an XML file
with, using XSL.

I don't want to use any form of java. I would like a stand alone tool.

Could someone please suggest something.

msxsl.exe is available at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...71-C94E-4373-B0E9-DB4816552E41&displaylang=en

All 9 XSLT processors I use have a way to be invoked on the command-line.

Other non-Java XSLT processors are .Nt xsltTransform (look for nxslt.exe)
XalanC, xsltProc, 4xslt

Dimitre Novatchev.
FXSL developer, XML Insider,

Mikhail Grouchinsky

I'm looking for a command line tool that I can manipulate an XML file
with, using XSL.

I don't want to use any form of java. I would like a stand alone tool.

Could someone please suggest something.

Sorry if this is repost (my first post via browser didn't seem to work).

You can use XMLStarlet Command Line XML/XSLT Toolkit
which is based in libxslt and available on Windows/UNIX/MacOS

It is linked statically to libxml/libxslt so you do not need anything
else if you use precompiled binaries

Download from
http://xmlstar.sourceforge.net/