    Could someone please suggest something.

    Thanks
    Warrick
    Warrick FitzGerald, Jan 9, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Warrick FitzGerald <> wrote:

    % I'm looking for a command line tool that I can manipulate an XML file
    % with, using XSL.

    libxslt comes with such a tool, called xsltproc.

    % I don't want to use any form of java. I would like a stand alone tool.

    You can probably link it statically, but a normal build of xsltproc
    depends on the libxml and libxslt shared libraries. It is compiled to
    native machine code, which may be what you mean. http://xmlsoft.org

    I suppose I should mention that xalan also provides a command-line tool,
    which depends on the xerces and xalan shared libraries.
    http://xml.apache.org
    --

    Patrick TJ McPhee
    East York Canada
    Patrick TJ McPhee, Jan 9, 2004

  3. "Warrick FitzGerald" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I'm looking for a command line tool that I can manipulate an XML file
    > with, using XSL.
    >
    > I don't want to use any form of java. I would like a stand alone tool.
    >
    > Could someone please suggest something.

    msxsl.exe is available at:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...71-C94E-4373-B0E9-DB4816552E41&displaylang=en

    All 9 XSLT processors I use have a way to be invoked on the command-line.

    Other non-Java XSLT processors are .Nt xsltTransform (look for nxslt.exe)
    XalanC, xsltProc, 4xslt

    Dimitre Novatchev.
    FXSL developer, XML Insider,

    Dimitre Novatchev, Jan 9, 2004
  4. "Dimitre Novatchev" <> wrote in message news:<btmv55$94jsm$-berlin.de>...
    > "Warrick FitzGerald" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi Guys,
    > >
    > > I'm looking for a command line tool that I can manipulate an XML file
    > > with, using XSL.
    > >
    > > I don't want to use any form of java. I would like a stand alone tool.
    > >
    > > Could someone please suggest something.

    You can try this one:

    XMLStarlet Command Line XML/XSLT Toolkit

    http://xmlstar.sourceforge.net/
    Mikhail Grouchinsky, Jan 10, 2004

    Mikhail Grouchinsky, Jan 10, 2004
  6. > I'm looking for a command line tool that I can manipulate an XML file
    > with, using XSL.
    >
    > I don't want to use any form of java. I would like a stand alone tool.
    >
    > Could someone please suggest something.

    Sorry if this is repost (my first post via browser didn't seem to work).

    You can use XMLStarlet Command Line XML/XSLT Toolkit
    which is based in libxslt and available on Windows/UNIX/MacOS

    It is linked statically to libxml/libxslt so you do not need anything
    else if you use precompiled binaries

    Download from
    http://xmlstar.sourceforge.net/
    Mikhail Grouchinsky, Jan 10, 2004