commenting configuration files

lnatz

how do you properly comment a configuration file? I just finished
writing a perl script and I used a configuration file to hold specific
details that would change like a user id and names of files. I need to
comment the configuration file but I am not absolutely positive how to
go about that.

xhoster

lnatz said:
how do you properly comment a configuration file?

The proper way to comment a configuration file is to use the method
provided for comments by the configuration parser. Since you don't
say how you are parsing your configuration file, we have no idea what
that might be.

Xho