Commons Validator - WOES

jopaki

Hi all,

I'm using Jakarta commons-validator v1.1.4 in my app. I'm running into
a problem when I declare a field with more than one depends argument:

<field property="admin_month_1" depends="required, range">

What is happening is the range validation result overwrites the
required validation result within the call to validator.validate() so
that:

result.isValid("required") [returns false because the result was
overwritten by the range result]

result.isValid("range") [returns true]

Any ideas??? (I mean WTF?)

Thanks, (e-mail address removed)

Wendy Smoak

Hi all,

I'm using Jakarta commons-validator v1.1.4 in my app. I'm running into
a problem when I declare a field with more than one depends argument:

Your best bet is to post this to the 'user' mailing list for Jakarta Commons
(with [validator] in the subject line). If it turns out to be a bug, you
can add it to Bugzilla and provide a patch if possible.