comparator problem

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by sk, Nov 3, 2004.

  1. sk

    sk Guest

    Hey
    I'm actually designing a comparator circuit

    |--------feedback resistor------|
    | |
    | |---------------------| |
    RC CIRCUIT ----|------|+ | |
    | COMPARATOR CIRCUIT | |
    INPUT----------|- |--|---------OUT
    |---------------------|
    The task is to design this cirucit in such a way that when an input
    pulse (0.5,-2.5) with a pulse width of 8micro seconds is given it
    should produce me an output which remains high for atleast like
    64micro seconds..i tried using R=2248.5k and C=8500pF and the feedback
    resistor i used was 90k..i was able to get an o/p which remains high
    for 64microseconds but when looked at it carefuly i was able to figure
    out that the outout remained high just beacuse of the large difference
    between the resistors(the storage capacitance is not much observed in
    the o/p graph)...it should basically work like a monostable
    multivibrator (without using ic 555 timer though)...it would be of
    great help to me if u could give me some suggestions as how could i do
    this..

    thanks
    sk

    sk, Nov 3, 2004